SEO for home remodeling companies, sometimes referred to as Search Engine Optimization, is a set of tactics that enhance your Web site’s rank in search engine results, pushing you further and further towards the top spots. A typical way a consumer searches for home remodeling services is through Google or a similar search engine.
Studies show that inbound marketing tactics, like SEO for home remodeling services, provide a more cost-effective way to reach consumers. Tactics like trade shows and direct mail cost a lot more to execute than SEO, blogging and social media usage. Properly executing SEO tactics will help your business gain more clients.
SEO Tips and Strategies
A common pitfall when conducting SEO is to be swayed towards unethical tactics. Be wary of SEO companies that promise large numbers; they could be achieving those results by spamming social media sites and blogs. These tactics will hurt your home remodeling company’s reputation, even getting your Web site banned once the search engine recognizes the unethical tactics.
Instead, understand that as with any other marketing strategy, SEO will take time. Encourage your customers to leave positive reviews of you on third party Web sites, like yelp.com or angieslist.com; these positive mentions will enhance your Web site and SEO tactics! A survey of 117 companies by Etailing found that customer reviews are the most effective social media tactic for driving sales. But there are many things that you can do to enhance your Web site yourself. See below for some of these options.
1. Know your Keywords: One of the biggest tricks to SEO is to make sure that every word on your Web site “counts” for the search engines looking at your page. It’s not going to be effective to just quickly write up your Web site; take the time to research and think about the words you’re using. Make a list of keywords that you want to include in your Web site, paying particular attention to your city and even your specific neighborhood (home remodeling clients love to shop local). For example:
• Home remodeling firm in Brooklyn
• Chicago kitchen renovation company
• Bathroom refinishing services in Milwaukee
Once you have identified the keywords relevant to your specific business model, be sure to include them organically within your Web site. Search engines will notice if you’re simply listing the words out at the bottom of the page, so you need to create content that matches the keywords, without making it sound like that’s what you’re doing.
2. Build Links to your Page: Linkbuilding is a tried and true method of SEO. The goal here is to have other Web sites linking to your page. You can start to achieve this process by linking to other Web site; often they will link back to you. The point of all of this is to increase your Page Rank, which is a measurement of how important Google thinks your Web site is compared to other sites. The more quality links you have pointing to your Web site, the higher your Page Rank will be. Again, be wary of shady tactics, where your Web site is linked to many pages that are not of great quality. Above all, make sure that you focus on quality over quantity.
3. Blog to Raise Page Views: Yes, blogging will earn your more page views, which in turn will optimize your Web site. But don’t blog just to earn these page views; blog because you have something important and interesting to say. With the popularity of HGTV and other home improvement channels, consumers are showing that they want to learn more about making their house a home. Write a blog that focuses on your home remodeling work, but also gives tips on do-it-yourself projects, and simple ways that homeowners can improve the look of their homes. After all, home remodeling can get expensive, and many people with the desire to remodel can’t afford to; yet, these people are looking for tips and tricks, and one day may become a client.
4. Hire the Best SEO Company: Leave the SEO work to the experts. The best SEO firms can help you choose appropriate keywords and writing the important text on your Web site, freeing you to focus on what you do best: home remodeling. Make sure that the SEO firm you choose understands your business, has stellar references, and incredible writing.